• In a Birth certificate,
    • Information in cage 01 (Date & place of birth)
    • Information in cage 03 (Sex)
    • Information in cage 05 (Information of mother - if mother's name has been changed after the registration of the birth, it is not possible under this provision)
    • Information in cage 09 (Informant's information) may be altered
  • Produce the declaration to the Additional District Registrar of the Divisional Secretariat of the area where birth occurred.
  • The declaration should be produced by
    • Owner of the birth certificate
    • Father or Mother
    • Legal guardian
    • A person who is dissatisfied with any of the information appearing in the birth register
  • Fee chargeable is Rs. 50.00
  • A certified copy of the birth register to be amended should be essentially attached to the declaration.
  • Following are some written evidences which may be produced to substantiate the request made in the declaration,
    • Parents' marriage certificate
    • List of children/ brothers and sisters
    • Birth certificate of father/ mother
    • Birth certificate of a child born after the registration of parents' marriage
    • In case there is no child born after the registration of the marriage of parents, birth certificate of a elder or younger child of the subject
    • Certified copies of records available in hospitals, maternity homes or midwife's records
    • Student's record sheet, extract of the school admission register
    • Copy of the electoral register where names of the subject and parents are included
    • If father is deceased, his death certificate

News & Events



I am greatly pleasure to mentioned that...

The Dharma preaching programme

The Dharma preaching programme

The Dharma preaching programme for wesak festival...

Scroll To Top